Sunday, July 15, 2007

Goin' Out West

Time to blog another of my all time favourite songs! Mad and macho as a song can get, music with a style of it's own and behold, a voice which has been described to be sounding "like it was soaked in a vat of bourbon, left hanging in the smokehouse for a few months and then taken outside and run over with a car."

Ladies and gentlemen, let's hear it for Tom Waits!
(Oh, and for every time you go, "Did he say what I think he did?" some select lines in the song to double check with have been pasted here.)

I'm gonna do what I want
And I'm gonna get paid
Do what I want
And I'm gonna get paid


Well I know karate, Voodoo too
I'm gonna make myself available to you...

I'm gonna change my name to Hannibal
Maybe just Rex

I'm gonna wait for the sun
To shine down on me
I cut a hole in my roof
The shape of a heart.

No comments: